Saucony Ride 9 Women's Running Shoe
The Saucony Women's Ride 9 is out of the lab and ready to run. Now featuring Everun, the Ride 9 delivers Saucony's signature neutral running experience with more energy return than ever before. Make every mile feel as effortless as your first in the updated Saucony Ride 9 women's neutral running shoes.
To provide extremely lightweight support, Saucony have incorporated FlexFilm technology into the Ride 9's design. FlexFilm provides an exoskeletal support frame for unparalleled strength and comfort. FlexFilm is heat melded to the upper, which reduces the amount of stitching and creates a soft, almost seamless surface against the runner's foot. When the laces are tied, the FlexFilm overlays tighten to secure your foot in place and minimise any unwanted movement for an unbelievably stable run.
Strategically located mesh panels invest these shoes with exceptional breathability. The mesh allows hot air to leave the shoe, and fresh air to permeate within, leaving the wearer's feet cool, dry and comfortable throughout their run. The mesh panels mould to the shape of each foot, which in turn provides a snug, personalised fit. RunDry technology has also been deployed into the upper's collar lining: it works in tandem with the heel counter to secure and stabilise the heel and Achilles, whilst also wicking excess moisture away from the skin to create a more pleasant internal environment for the wearer.
Updated Everun Midsole
New for the Ride 9 is Saucony's Everun topsole cushioning. Everun cushioning is three times more durable than Saucony's standard cushioning, and it delivers a greater energy return to put a spring in your step whilst you run. The cushioning is placed closer to your foot for increased responsiveness, and therefore provides a smoother transition through the gait cycle than the Ride 9's ancestors.
To provide further underfoot cushioning, Saucony's SRC Impact Zone sits under the Everun topsole to provide targeted shock attenuation at the heel. The SRC also helps to prepare the foot for a smooth transition through the midfoot and forefoot phases of the gait cycle, which helps to guide the gait for a more efficient stride. Finally, the stack height is 1mm higher than that of the Ride 8, which enables the Ride 9 to pack even more cushioning - and still at a reduced weight.
The Ride 9's outsole has been updated from that of its predecessor, and now features Saucony's innovative Tri-Flex technology. Tri-Flex provides increased ground contact throughout the gait cycle for enhanced traction, as well as more efficient pressure distribution and greater propulsion during the toe-off phase. Saucony's iBR+ rubber also features in the outsole and provides greater cushioning and more durability than standard blown rubbers, whilst also being 33% lighter.
Additional outsole traction and durability is provided by Saucony's XT-900 carbon rubber compound. XT-900 battles with the road to exert exceptional grip and keep you moving forwards. Saucony's researched outsole tread sees the Ride 9 have even greater traction on all road surfaces, even in wet conditions.
- ***Update*** Everun Topsole - Provides plush cushioning, responsiveness and energy return.
- ***Update*** Tri-Flex Outsole - Offers increased ground contact for better traction and propulsion.
- ***Update*** Higher Stack - The Ride 9 features an extra 1mm stack height than its predecessor, which provides more cushioning.
- FlexFilm Upper - Exoskeletal support frame for lightweight support.
- Mesh Panels - Allow air to permeate within the shoe for greater comfort.
- RunDry Technology - Wicks moisture away from the foot, and locks the heel in place.
- SRC Impact Zone - Located in the heel; provides shock attenuation and sets the foot up for an efficient gait cycle.
- iBR+ Rubber - Lightweight blown rubber compound that offers increased cushioning and durability.
- XT-900 Rubber Outsole - Carbon-Rubber compound that provides exceptional grip and durability.
- Offset - 8mm.
- Weight - 235 grams.
Saucony Ride 9 Women's Running Shoes - SS17 Green SAU3029 Women - Running Shoes DYDZRPL